Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Sure it's New Years Day and everyone is writing on their blog to review their year and make their resolutions and stuff,...blah, blah, blah,..............
I'm here today for a different reason. I've reached the end of my patience with a certain situation and I'm here to purge my feelings on it. Feelings that I think others share so I'm going to write a letter on behalf of myself and all of the other people who are as frustrated as I am.

Dear Congress,

Personally, I have a couple of Senators and a Congressman, but in my mind all of you represent me. When you take your pledge to represent the interests of the country,..that's me. It's everyone, and we have something to say to you. We've had enough.
The country is pretty polarized. There is a lot that we dont agree on but there are two things that most, if not all of us agree on. First. We're tired, and struggling and frightened about the ecomony. Second, we want you to start doing your job. I know,..you think you are doing your job. But really,..you arent,..not so much.
We've been pretty patient over the last few years watching you do nothing other than promote the agenda of your campaign contributors and servicing your party interests. But we're done. It's time at least one of you was brave enough to stand up for us.
We get that a lot of you are afraid of primary challenges and loss of donors,..following that fear didnt play real well for your party in the last general election and we need you to get your priorities in order. Your priority is to do your job, not do what you think you have to do to keep your job,so we need you to knock that thinking off.
We also need you to over and off your petty bullshit. The whole birther crap and efforts to undermine the legitimacy of our overwhelmingly elected president has got to stop. It's embarrassing to us as a nation and it's a waste of our time.The economy needs your complete attention and efforts. And when you are done with the economy we need you to focus on our veterans and their needs. You also need to get real about the environment, foreign policy and health care.
We want you to listen to us and not to the lobbyists. We need you to speak for us and not for special interests. We need honest debates and decisive up or down votes. No more games. We want to see you get something done. If you have to compromise, then compromise. Work together, work for us,..but for crying out loud, get to work.

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment