Saturday, September 24, 2011

A letter

Dear Republican candidates,
You know who you are, but I will list your names
Rick Perry
Michele Bauchman
Mitt Romney
Herman Cain
Newt Gingrich
Jon Huntsman
Ron Paul,
I'm aware that there are more of you, but you are the gang of seven that I've been listening to.
And I'd appreciate it, if you would now listen to me.

Mr. Huntsman, I understand that you were the Governor of Utah, and I've read that you were a personal friend of Barack Obama,..to you, I say simply this,..you missed it. You had a chance to stand apart from the rest and castigate those in the crowd that booed a man who served our country with honor because he said he was gay. Because of that, I am dismissing you,..if you are not that quick on your feet to recognize a political gift when it is handed to you, I don't want you as my president. As much as honor and integrity, I need a president who can navigate the political waters now pooling.
Mr. Cain, honestly, I am just disappointed that  a man of color would stand on a stage with candidates who, if they are not overtly racist, have supporters who speak for them, that clearly are. Not that I think you should step off the stage, but I'd like it if you addressed the issue. It would make you appear brave enough for me to consider. That, and the 999 thing,..it's cheesy, and changing the tax code isnt going to happen.
Mr. Paul, you are just clueless,. and stupid. Do you honestly believe that a man who needs medical care to save his life can rely on churches and medical providers to work together to save him? Get real. How can you not believe that as human beings we have a responsibility to one another? I'll pay a few more bucks in taxes to make the new health care program work. Most people would.
Mr. Romney, you might as well put a fork in your campaign,..it's essentially done. Karl Rove proved that any shift in opinion on anything can take even the most honorable of public servants down. You are a flip flopper now. And, I'm sorry, it's not my problem,..but there are too many of your party, those on the religious side of right, who ignorant of Mormonism. They dont get it and they fear you.
Ms. Bachman, Frankly, you scare the hell out of me. I remember not all that long ago listening to George W. Bush speak on the stump and thinking,..he'll never get elected, he's a hypocrite,..and we all know how that turned out. I am truly afraid that you will be standing in the Oval Office one day scoffing at the world and taking us down the drink with you. That said, you just arent the sharpest tool in the shed. You dont think before you speak and you are more of ambition than you are of service.
Mr. Gingrich,..what scares me about you is that you are a gifted politician and sometimes some of the things you say make sense to me. Unfortunately, your moral character will be your undoing. Who divorces their wife in the middle of cancer anyway?
And Last, but definitely not Least, Mr. Perry. Again, I am reminded of George W. Bush. The two of you seem to use your faith for political gain and it's not passing the smell test,..with me anyway. The other thing the two of you have in common is that you arent exactly intellectual. Snobby little Democrat that I am, I need an intellectual in the White House. I need someone who can stand toe to toe with the thinkers of this world,..who can think outside of the box,..and you can do neither.

So I'm done with the Repblicans and I turn to President Obama,.."my" president.
Dear Mr. President,..Please, please please, stop trying to ride the fence. It's all warm and fuzzy to want consensus across the aisle and all that,..but it's just not gonna happen. Not now,..maybe not ever again. Stand on your principals,..even when it's a lonely stance. And it's time you bit the bullet on this tax thing. Raise the damn taxes. If I have to pay more taxes, I will. It wont change my life all that much really,..and it's the right thing to do.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment